May 23, 2017
5500 1st Avenue
June 8, 2017
May 23, 2017, 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM @ Kenosha Public Museum
The Aging & Disability Resource Center of Kenosha County together with Society’s Assets will conduct a four-hour interactive dementia training for health professionals and crisis responders who work in Kenosha County.
Among the topics to be covered are:
• Brief overview of dementia
• Progression of the disease and how it impacts behavior
• Behavior as a form of communication
Avoiding and Responding to Difficult Behavior
• Common causes of behavior difficulties
• Behavior symptoms that may lead to crises
• De-escalation techniques, practical tips
• Role of Adult Crisis and Adult Protective Services
• Helen E.F. Decision
• Silver Alert
Participants will receive handout materials and a certificate of attendance upon successful completion.
May 25, 2017, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Going on Medicare? Learn about 4 decisions you’ll need to make. Kenosha County Aging & Disability Resource Center sponsors monthly Medicare workshops for people new to Medicare and their families. Learn the basics of Medicare coverage, options for private health and drug coverage, and public benefits that can help with health care costs. RESERVATIONS REQUIRED. LIMITED SEATING.
May 23, 2017, 4:30 PM @ Kenosha Public Safety Building
View all calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar.