Checklist for Acceptance of Documents
Checklist for Acceptance of Documents to be Recorded s59.43(2M)
Document format must include the following:
- A completely blank space of at least three by three inch in the upper right hand corner.
- Minimum one inch margin at the top of each page, 1/4 inch margin on sides and bottom of the first page.
- Paper must be white standard 20# weight paper, standard or legal sized pages, and no hinged pages.
- The document title must be within three inches of the top of the document.
- The return address is located either under the three by three inch blank space on the right or on the left near the top of the document.
- Please provide a self-addressed stamped envelope for return.
- Valid parcel I.D. number required directly below the return address.
- All ink must be black or red, except for original signatures.
All documents that reference a previously recorded instrument must indicate the recording data of that instrument.
- Only one mortgage may be referenced per document.
- Execution date and date acknowledged or authenticated required.