Community Events CalendarThe Community Events Calendar is an easy way to view dementia related events and education opportunities offered by community providers in the Kenosha area.
Dementia Care Specialist
The Dementia Care Specialist will come to your home or meet in another location of your choice to:
- Assess your situation and discuss your concerns
- Help you and your family understand Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. Discuss the process and how this disease will affect your loved one over time.
- Provide crisis planning and developing a family action plan to assist in times of need.
- Discuss strategies and provide tools to cope with behavioral changes and skills that can help reduce the stress in the home.
- Assist with obtaining community and supportive services.
Speak up about Dementia
Dr. Susan McFadden and her student assistants at UW Oshkosh have developed a survey to determine Wisconsinites' knowledge about dementia, attitudes about people who have dementia, concerns about receiving a dementia diagnosis and/or caring for someone with dementia. They would appreciate your help in completing this anonymous survey by March 17, 2016. You can access and complete the survey online by clicking here.
Your participation will be helpful in the development of dementia-friendly communities in Wisconsin. The survey should take at most 20 minutes to complete. This research has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. All survey replies are anonymous and confidential.
Family/Caregiver Support Groups
Are you caring for someone with Azheimer's disease? Does someone you love have Alzheimer's disease or another dementia? There are support groups for caregivers and family members. Learn more
Memory Café is a fun social opportunity for individuals concerned about their memory, who have a diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment (MCI), early to moderate-stage Alzheimer's or other types of dementia. Care partners are an integral part of the Memory Café. This is an opportunity to share stories and connect because being active physically, socially and mentally is good for the brain!
Dementia Friendly Community
A Dementia Friendly Community is one in which local businesses, organizations, churches and community groups make simple changes that help a person with dementia feel welcome and safe. The Dementia Friendly Community Project can provide a no-cost, 30 minute training about dementia and how to better serve those living with dementia.
Join the growing number of businesses and organizations who are "dementia friendly":
- Active Laundry - Agile Plaza
- BMO Harris
52nd Street Branch
Library Park Branch
Paddock Lake Branch
Pleasant Prairie Branch
Twin Lakes Branch
- Celebre Place
- Coleman Chapel AME Church
- Community Library - Salem
- Community Library - Twin Lakes
Green Bay Road
- Easter Seals Kenosha
- ELCA Outreach Center
- First United Methodist Church - Kenosha
- Gas ‘N Grab - Agile Plaza
- Good Value Pharmacy
- Holy Cross Church (Wilmot/Bristol)
- Kenosha Area Family and Aging Services, Inc. (KAFASI)
- Kenosha Achievement Center
- Kenosha Area Transit
- Kenosha County Job Center
- Kenosha County Veteran Services
- Kenosha Public Libraries
- Kenosha Public Museum
- Lady in Blue Cleaning
- Northshore Bank
- Prairie Side True Value Hardware
- Pringle Nature Center
- Richter’s Marketplace
- Second Baptist Church
- Slades Corners Computer Repair, LLC
- Soup Depot
- Trinity Lutheran Church
- Twin Lakes Area Chamber and Business Association
- Village of Paddock Lake Western County Transit
- Westosha Senior Community